Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy Statement
Health Promotion International (HPI) is a consultancy firm providing Environmental, Social, Health and Safety management services on infrastructure development projects targeting construction workers and the local host communities in accordance with local, national and international policy, legal, regulatory frameworks, standards and good practices.
The management of HPI shall create and sustain an organisational culture that supports an effective QHSE -Management System through demonstrable leadership and commitment by employees, clients, contractors/consultants and other beneficiaries.
In order to achieve this, we have implemented an integrated management system comprising ISO 9001:2015, ISO 45001:2018 and ISO 14001:2015 standards.
HPI is specifically committed to:
- Establish, communicate and maintain a sound, brief QHSE policy and coherent objectives appropriate to the products, services and activities of HPI.
- Exceeding customer expectations.
- Complying with all applicable legal and other requirements.
- Providing safe and healthy work conditions to employees, customers, contractors, visitors, the public and communities for the prevention of work-related injury and ill health as far as reasonably practicable.
- Providing information, instruction, training and supervision to its employees and promoting occupational health & safety communication, coordination & participation among them & other interested parties.
- Eliminating hazards and reducing occupational health and safety risks.
- The continual improvement of the management system through analysis & evaluation activities; setting, monitoring and evaluating performance against established QHSE system objectives, management reviews, etc.
- Keeping abreast of changes in the industry and the continued use of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Committing to environmental protection by averting pollution through proper waste segregation and disposal.
The management of HPI encourages a duty of care among employees and communicates relevant Quality, Occupational Health & Safety and Environment information to its clients and other interested parties.
This policy will be reviewed every two years in order to ensure its continued relevance.
Dr. Judith Tukacungurwa-Rukirande
Last updated on: 6th October 2021